2.21.2006

new favorite movie

Me and You and Everyone We know
(In French, the title is even better: Moi, Toi et Tous les Autres.)

And I don't say that just because it has the most adorablest child actor ever (Brandon Ratcliff). Or because it reminded me of how, when you got new shoes as a kid, the shoe salesman used squeeze your foot, take measure of how much space was left in front of your toe, and generally decide for you whether or not the shoe was a good fit. And it's not just because of lines that stick in your memory, like: "I gave her the friends and family discount because I'm working on my karma. You know what karma is? It means that she owes me." Or because the characters are quirky and tender and lonely and oddballs.

But for all of those things. And the dialog and the ending and the burger wrapper. Sigh. Put it in your Netflix queue, people. Unless you thought Titanic was a thoughtful and inspiring piece of work--because in that case, I'm not sure Moi et Toi is for you.

See the trailer here!

(macaroni!)

2 comments:

Jerad said...

How would you compare it to Triplets of Belleville?

jennymcflint said...

Well, it's not French, it's not a cartoon, there are no dogs, frogs, cyclists, or kidnapping adventures. And it's a talkie. So, not much like Triplets at all. Except, I must confess, they are both moving pictures.

Try it!