2.01.2006

four!

One is the loneliest number. Tea is for two. Three's company. Four? I don't know why. But it makes for nice, symmetrical lists. Please don't be so argumentative.

books I've loved
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik

movies I wish I'd walked out on
Joe Versus the Volcano
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars Episode One Too Many: The Phantom Menace

Titanic


tv shows I love
"Arrested Development"
"Six Feet Under"
"Project Runway"
"Da Ali G Show"

jobs I've had--and quit
soldering microchips on an assembly line in New Jersey
writing grants for NPR
fetching coffee for lawyering ingrates
making copy

places I've called home
Littleton, Colorado
Alamo, California
Toronto, Canada
Dijon, France

people who I wish wrote blogs
my hair stylist
Apt. 5B
Amy Sedaris
David Sedaris

foods I love
bacon
roasted butternut squash pizza
arugula salad
rachlette with cornichon and those little pickled onions

tag, you're it
Jerad
Schmutzie
Jen

5 comments:

Elan Morgan said...

I have a thing about the number four, you know, so now I HAVE to do this. Did you know that in a list based on the number four, you only tagged three people?

jennymcflint said...

A ha! Per the ancient Chinese proverb or whatever it is about why printers include mistakes in their manuscripts--so the reader can feel superior. Michael, help me out. How does it go?

And what's your thing about the number four, if I may be so bold?

Anonymous said...

The Japanese character representing the number four looks like the character meaning "death," so 4 is almost never used in Japanese culture. Check out any piece of Japanese consumer electronics you might have - the product name/number will probably not have a 4 (or at least end it in). Example - the series of Denon receivers jumped from 3803 to 3805 to 3806.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you soldered? That's awesome.

Elan Morgan said...

My number four thing is an OCD holdover from my obsessive childhood.