2.10.2006

my iMac is a rock star

After too few years of dedicated service, my iBook was finally checked in to hospice care. We'd run out of options, and everyone agreed it was time. So I kept it comfortable, plugged it in to an external monitor, and didn't ask for anything in return.


But, provided you have an appropriately large line of credit, Apple gives life, in addition to taking it away. So after a long and arduous journey in the hands of UPS--a journey that included but was not limited to one trip to the emergency room by our UPS delivery man (hope you're doing better, buddy!)--the new iMac arrived. It's got the new-fangled dual Intel processors and a remote control and a built-in camera and a screen that makes love lettuce look so much better than it is! I felt like dancing. Or singing. Or recording an album to commemorate the occasion. If I did, this would be the album cover. Party on, people.

No comments: