6.06.2007

products of my basement

Bursting with pride today at the sight of our crib and the story of its making on the nursery edition of Apartment Therapy. Burton spent so SO many hours in his basement workshop building, sanding, painting, sanding, painting, sanding, and painting that crib (then he sanded it again), it’s a crying shame the thing is hidden upstairs. Not so the Burgie, also featured on the site, created and designed by Burton and my mom, and the most pleasing piece of furniture in my dining room.

4 comments:

Carrie Work said...

Wow Burton! Awesome job on the crib and Burgie. I think you and Dave should quit your day jobs and go into woodworking together...

Jerad said...

Great article. That really is a beautiful crib. I imagine that you'll be making Henry sleep in it until he's 16, right?

Paige at MommyCast.com said...

Wow! I had no idea that we had this kind of talent in the family! SO creative. And STRIPY. Love it!

Burton said...

Thanks, guys.