2.26.2007

from the glad-it-wasn’t-me department

If, on a Saturday morning, after your wife has been awake for several hours feeding and soothing and entertaining the newborn, she taps your arm and asks you in her please-won’t-you-help voice to change the diaper, and you promptly fall fast asleep for another hour and a half, then wake up and ask your wife if she isn’t ready to hand over the baby so you can go ahead and get that diaper changed, but then the baby starts crying on the changing table and you’ve lost your marbles and you put the kid back in his pjs diaper-free, please don’t register shock or awe when the baby pees on your chest.

2 comments:

Burton said...

I'm still haven't figured out the who, when or why, but I think someone pulled a fast one on me. I mean, seriously, how could I have changed his diaper and not remembered to put a new one on? And why is the remote in the fridge?

Paige at MommyCast.com said...

Aaah, sleep deprivation. . . I remember just crying and thinking that my life was over. I would never get decent sleep again because even when he was old enough to sleep through the night, I would be lying awake wondering where he was with his teenaged friends.
And Jenny-I think it must be a Flint thing because last night I called Burton's brother and asked to speak to his wife. I was told I had to call back because she was bathing 3 screaming girls and if he interrupted the process, he would be expected to take over. So, I called back.