8.01.2005

remembering

Lest anyone think I intend to cast my sister in a "negative light," I offer this fond memory.

When we were little, my sister and I were woefully deprived of toys. At some point, though, we managed to secure the rights to a paddle-ball game. It came, conveniently, in a belted fanny pack one could wear around one's waist, in case one wanted to look like a German tourist on holiday, ready for a paddle-ball tourney at a moment's notice.

Now, I don't remember us ever playing paddle ball, though we must have at least once. Instead, we stripped down to our socks and sneakers, strapped on the pouch, and streaked through the house, looking like a pair of naked German tourists who forgot to take their meds but remembered their sensible footwear.

Maybe that's why we didn't get more toys?

No comments: